Ever wondered about work from home? or perhaps setting up a home-based business?
Our Explore Enterprise programme will take you through everything you need to know to start a business as a Virtual Assistant. We’ll also explore other types of jobs you can do from home.
Virtual Assistants work online, providing a range of different admin services to small and medium companies. Most VAs are self-employed.
The programme is delivered entirely online, so you can take part from anywhere in Suffolk and Norfolk – no travel required.
The programme includes:
- Weekly online workshops covering the VA sector, working with clients, marketing your services, business processes, using LinkedIn and Facebook to market yourself and find work, and lots more.
- 1:1 Career Coaching to help you confidently plan your next career moves and take your next steps forward.
- Online peer support – connect with your fellow course participants to share tips and help each other.
- The option to do a volunteering work-experience placement, great to rebuild confidence and gain current experience for your CV.
- Support to update your CV, learn where to look for work-from-home jobs, and help to prepare for remote job interviews.
To apply for a free place, you will need to be
- Currently not in employment
- Aged 18+ and living in Suffolk or Norfolk
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
We encourage applications from people with health conditions or disabilities, aged over 50, lone parents, carers, refugees
You will need
- An interest in working from home, and in exploring whether self-employment is right for you
- Access to a computer and the internet *
- Good basic computer skills (Word and Excel) – or willing to learn
- Good communication skills – able to write a professional email or talk with clients on the phone
- Previous admin or other office experience is helpful but not necessary
* If access to a computer or the internet is difficult, please get in touch to discuss this
Ready to apply? Please download and complete the application form below (applications closing soon!)
Not sure if this programme is right for you?
Please email email@example.com and we will arrange a time for an informal chat to talk things though with you