Retrain as a Virtual Assistant
Our new programme offers FREE training and support to help you start a work-from-home career as a Virtual Assistant (VA).
VAs work online, providing a range of different business services to small and medium companies. Some VAs are self-employed, others work for VA agencies.
The course is delivered online, so you can take part from anywhere in Suffolk and Norfolk. It includes:
- Training with an experienced local VA, covering the VA sector, working with clients, marketing your services, business processes and more.
- 1:1 Career Coaching to help you confidently plan your next career moves and take your next steps forward.
- Online peer support group – connect with your fellow course participants to share tips and help each other.
- Work experience placements and mentoring from VAs.
- Support to prepare for interviews, update your CV, and search for VA work.
To apply for a free place, you will need to be
- Currently not in employment
- Aged 18+ and living in Suffolk or Norfolk
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
You will need
- Good basic computer skills (Word and Excel) – or willing to learn
- Access to a computer and the internet *
- An interest in working from home
- Good communication skills – able to write a professional email or talk with clients on the phone
- Previous admin or other office experience is helpful but not necessary
- Applications encouraged from people with health conditions or disabilities, or aged over 50
* If access to a computer or the internet is difficult, please get in touch to discuss this