We are a small, tight-knit group of developers who care about UX, quality and sustainable app architecture. We strive to maintain our distinct team identity while being great citizens of Doist. We like to experiment and share our learnings with the rest of the company.
At Doist Windows, we use a SCRUM-inspired process to execute work from other parts of the organization and our internal backlog. Our code goes through a feedback process to check code style, architecture, and functional testing to maintain. We work with great Doist designers daily, iterating on every new feature. As the Windows team, it’s our responsibility to help our designers reach solutions that work well for our Windows user base.
As a team, we’re looking for a talented .NET developer to help us extend the reach of Todoist for Windows 10. This role requires persistence but is rewarding when you see how your code impacts a large multicultural user base.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone who has:
- A passion for and mastery of C# and writing code that is smart while staying legible.
- Passion for development mastery. A commitment to individual and team development is key for Doist Windows to thrive.
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback. Continuous feedback in product and development decision-making allows us to continue improving Todoist and our team.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Bonus: Stable footing in XAML. We will help you fill in the gaps.
- Bonus: Experience with Office 365 APIs and/or ReactJS
- Bonus: UWP experience. This is valuable, but not necessary. If you've already experienced client-side Windows development then it will be helpful. If you're a strong learner then you'll be able to develop this experience in the role.
Who you'll be working most closely with:
- Christoph K.; Windows Developer from Vienna, Austria. A relatively new dad, Christoph can change a diaper in under 30 seconds!
- Jan K.; Head of Windows from the Czech Republic.
- Scott L.; Windows Developer from Poole, England. Scott has been a Microsoft MVP since 2007
About the team
At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We're a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
When you become a Doister, you’re not only joining a global, remote-first company, but a team of 60+ people who value:
- Feeling empowered to achieve their ambitions
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Making long-term, high-impact decisions, even if they’re harder
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
Salary and benefits
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- Work-Life balance. That means 8 hours of work, 5 days each week (for a total of 40 hours) because the time you spend outside of work is just as important as the time you spend working.
- Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection (which we sponsor!).
- Generous paid vacation + national holidays. You’ll receive 5 weeks of paid time off + national holidays where you live.
- Paid parental leave. 18 weeks of paid maternity leave and 5 weeks of paid paternity/adoption leave.
- Education stipend. You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing.
- Competitive compensation.
- And much more!