Team Leads are responsible for managing the successful delivery of client work, project-centric operations, and personnel in a team. The primary functions include: driving excellent project outcomes in alignment with established scopes, timelines, and budgets for multiple, concurrent projects; incorporating 10up standards and processes in the delivery of client work; managing personnel assigned to a team; expertly collaborating with discipline directors and the Accounts team to deliver on client expectations; and managing to established production metrics (billable targets, forecasting accuracy, etc.).
- Manage execution of project and task assignments for all direct reports, leveling up individual availability to Associate Directors of Client Delivery and the Project Resourcing Manager for resolution.
- Serve as the lead project manager on 2 - 4 active client accounts. Craft and maintain project plans, schedules, and task break-downs to achieve defined scopes of work.
- Leverage 10up tools, standards, and processes in all client work. Maintain highly collaborative relationships with discipline directors to achieve elite project outcomes.
- Deliver fixed price, retainer, and T&M projects within expected timelines and budgets.
- Demonstrate senior-level consultative value to help clients achieve defined business goals and outcomes.
- Effectively manage client expectations across active client work, seeking support from Production Leadership and / or the Accounts team as necessary.
- Facilitate discovery engagements (onsite and remotely) to support the definition of cross-discipline project requirements. Collaborate with discipline directors to translate requirements into comprehensive project approaches / plans that align with established timelines and budgets and can be executed successfully by project teams. Collaborate with Accounts to develop scopes of work following discovery.
- Drive client satisfaction through repeated project delivery successes and strategic engagement.
- Maintain a predetermined billable utilization, typically between 26-30 hours / week (65-75%).
- Directly manage 6 - 9 production team members (typically engineers and designers) in the delivery of client work and in alignment with established production metrics.
- Conduct regular one-on-ones (once a week) with direct reports with an emphasis on continuously improving project approaches and outcomes as well as an individual’s overall performance.
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback to direct reports, celebrating successes and clearly defining any misalignments with expectations. Escalate thematic or recurring performance issues to Associate Directors of Client Delivery for resolution.
- Review / approve PTO requests for all direct reports and ensure project delivery schedules / resourcing are adjusted accordingly.
- Contribute to the compilation and delivery of performance reviews for all direct reports.
- Contribute to Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) for direct reports as necessary.
- Proactively maintain accurate forecasts in 10up's established resource forecasting tool for all active client work.
- Perform weekly timesheet reviews for all direct reports, identifying and reporting on areas of concern such as billability, excessive weekly burn, and / or inaccurate / poor time entries.
- Monitor billable performance for all production personnel and collaborate with Associate Directors of Client Delivery to align individuals with established targets.
- Collaborate with Financial Manager to prepare invoices for all assigned project work.
Who we're looking for
- An understanding of 10up’s core services and ability to leverage these disciplines to deliver successful client outcomes. A practical understanding of the WordPress platform is also required.
- Excellent application of 10up processes, standards, and tools at the team level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally and externally.
- 3+ years of project management experience delivering full scope web projects for enterprise clients, ideally in an agency environment.
- Interest and ability to lead cross-discipline teams.
- PMI, scrum certification, or equivalent experience.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Google Apps, Basecamp, 10,000ft, and Harvest.
- Experience working with Enterprise clients.
- Remote working experience.
About the team
10up was built as a distributed company with a global perspective
A project manager living in Valencia, an engineer from Milan, and a designer in Portland walk into a conference… and say, “We work at 10up!” Gender, ethnic, cultural, and geographic diversity affords us an uncommonly broad perspective and a creative edge.
Around 70% of the team are in North America, with the rest spread around the world. We provide an equipment allowance for your home office.
Culture and community
With teamwork as our foundation, we inspire and challenge each other over Slack, video calls, and even good old-fashioned phone calls. We also get-together in person for regular Summits.
We also know that we are a part of something bigger: you’ll find us contributing to open source projects and speaking at conferences and meet-ups around the globe.
A focus on service
The most important user experience at 10up is the way others experience us. We are motivated by helping our clients, colleagues, and community achieve success through a culture built on empathy and teamwork.
Salary and benefits
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- 401k with company matching
- Paid time off & holidays
- Professional development stipend
- Equipment allowance
- Onsite summits
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
- Freedom to work from your own office
How to apply
Please click the Apply link to go to our application page.