- Craft strategic project plans and task breakdowns with input from team members and discipline leadership. Project plans should incorporate iterative milestones, illuminate project risks, align delivery with set timelines and budgets, and account for resourcing availability. All task breakdowns should have discrete estimates.
- Successfully execute project plans by exhibiting ownership of task assignments to assigned project personnel, proactively removing blockers, and ensuring alignment of production output with expected milestones.
- Deliver fixed price, retainer, and T&M projects within expected timelines and budgets.
- Act as the day-to-day Project Manager for 4 - 7 active client projects, exhibiting senior-level ownership over all client meetings, written status updates, demos, and iterative scope / expectation management.
- Possess superior project awareness at all times, proactively tracking project budget and scope, identifying risks and mitigation paths, and delivering thoughtful, routine, comprehensive client updates.
- Ensure superior quality deliverables by engaging cross-discipline leadership, enforcing rigorous QA processes and standards, and taking senior-level ownership of end to end delivery and client satisfaction.
- Leverage 10up tools, standards, and processes in all client work. Maintain highly collaborative relationships with discipline directors to achieve elite project outcomes.
- Lead discovery engagements (onsite and remotely) that expertly define cross-discipline project requirements. Translate requirements into comprehensive project approaches / plans that align with established timelines and budgets and can be executed successfully by project teams. Collaborate with Accounts to develop scopes of work following discovery.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of underlying client business goals and objectives. Consistently identify strategic opportunities to engage with the 10up Account Management Team and collaborate towards building strong, long-term client relationships.
- Demonstrate a senior-level consultative, client-focused approach that emanates expertise, professionalism, and transparency.
- Maintain project forecasts in 10up's established resource forecasting tool, collaborating with Team Leads to adjust resourcing plans as necessary.
- Deliver verbal and written project-centric feedback to personnel, celebrating successes and identifying any misalignments with expectations. Consistently provide visibility to the Team Lead when delivering this feedback.
- Collaborate with Financial Manager to prepare invoices for all assigned project work.
- Maintain an average minimum of 34 hours / week (85%) of billable work.
Who we're looking for
- An understanding of core 10up services and ability to leverage these disciplines to deliver successful client outcomes.
- A practical understanding of the WordPress platform.
- Excellent application of 10up processes, standards, and tools across projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally and externally.
Nice to have
- 3+ years of project management experience delivering full scope web projects for enterprise clients, ideally in an agency environment.
- PMI, scrum certification, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Google Apps, Basecamp, 10,000ft, and Harvest.
- Remote working experience.
About the team
10up was built as a distributed company with a global perspective
A project manager living in Valencia, an engineer from Milan, and a designer in Portland walk into a conference… and say, “We work at 10up!” Gender, ethnic, cultural, and geographic diversity affords us an uncommonly broad perspective and a creative edge.
Around 70% of the team are in North America, with the rest spread around the world. We provide an equipment allowance for your home office.
Culture and community
With teamwork as our foundation, we inspire and challenge each other over Slack, video calls, and even good old-fashioned phone calls. We also get-together in person for regular Summits.
We also know that we are a part of something bigger: you’ll find us contributing to open source projects and speaking at conferences and meet-ups around the globe.
A focus on service
The most important user experience at 10up is the way others experience us. We are motivated by helping our clients, colleagues, and community achieve success through a culture built on empathy and teamwork.
Salary and benefits
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- 401k with company matching
- Paid time off & holidays
- Professional development stipend
- Equipment allowance
- Onsite summits
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
- Freedom to work from your own office
How to apply
Please click the Apply link to go to our application page.