SWOOP is a super exciting and fast growing two-year old Australian social network analytics start-up that gives organisations insights into how they can collaborate better.
SWOOP connects to two of the most popular enterprise social networks (Yammer and Workplace), and we are rapidly growing our customer base of tier 1 companies in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
We're now looking for an experienced full stack LAMP developer to join our virtual team. Your code will literally change the way people collaborate. That passion to improve organisational collaboration is what keeps the SWOOP team going, and we need you to help us achieve that.
- Work on implementing new analytic features for the global SWOOP platform
- Liaise with engineers from Microsoft and Facebook
- Maintain and enhance existing analytic features
- Work with designers to critique draft designs
- Work on customer support requests
Location / timezone requirements
We work virtually
We don't have physical offices, so you can work anywhere you feel comfortable and productive. Most of us are in GMT+10, but you don't have to be. We use a string of collaborative tools to help us feel connected, and to build team cohesion we get together 3-4 times a year.
Who we're looking for
Technical skills and experience - Mandatory (we're expecting 10+ years experience)
- Browser side programming including jQuery
- MySQL – Galeria or Percona Clustering
- *nix command line (e.g. Linux, BSD etc)
- Have written complete applications
- Must be able to build Linux packages from source
- Ability to deploy a server and install an application
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of OOP concepts.
- Have undertaken code reviews and worked to coding standards
- Good diagnostic and debugging skills. The ability to debug and fix problems for code that you may not have written.
- Minimum two customer/project references available
Technical skills - highly desirable
- Source code control with Bitbucket, Git or similar
- Task management with JIRA
- Working in cloud-based deployment
- Comfortable with Agile and deliver in weekly sprints
Behavioural skills required to work in a remote team
- High level of personal accountability
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Ability to work independently and being highly pro-active
- Ability to deliver against deadlines
SWOOP Analytics is an Australian company based in Sydney. We passionately believe in the power of collaboration and people networks to get work done.
SWOOP was formed in 2014 in a response to a growing and unmet need for organisations to be able to measure and improve internal collaboration. SWOOP connects to leading Enterprise Social Network platforms Microsoft Yammer and Workplace by Facebook, and we work closely with their respective product teams in our target markets.
About the team
Find out more about the team behind SWOOP here.
Salary and benefits
Some of the benefits of working with SWOOP:
- Flexible fulltime work
- Daily commute as little as 1 minute!
- Very relaxed and friendly but highly productive colleagues
- Periodic face-to-face team workshops
- Competitive compensation and potential for bonus
- Co-working membership near you
How to apply
Click the link to apply.