- Rockeagle House, Pynes Hill Exeter, EX2 5AZ, Devon, Germany
- 11th December 2018
At Appen, we work with 8 out of the top 10 global technology companies in the world to improve and optimize their products for users worldwide, including social media platforms, search engines, voice recognition systems, and eCommerce sites. The world of tech is moving fast, and since our founding in 1996 we rose to the challenge by becoming a publicly listed company and by building an international team that works in over 130 countries and in more than 180 languages.
Do you want to be a part of something big? Appen constantly seeks language professionals and speakers across the globe for different language-related projects. If you’re a Linguist or simply someone who can speak, read and write the language required, you are welcome to participate.
Join our team and get paid to do any of the following: Semantics, Morphology, Phonology, Translation, Transcription, Proof-reading or Text and Voice Data Collection and more!
Your contribution will impact the content of different social media and eCommerce services that we use every single day.
Our approach to remote working
You Might Fit This Role If:
- You are looking for a flexible work opportunity where you contribute to projects and grow your skills
- You enjoy working independently
- You want to do internet-based work from home
- You speak, read and write the languages listed below
- Or you have an academic and professional linguistic background
Projects You May Be Assigned To:
- Voice Data Collection - The work involves recording your voice while reading short prompts from an online phone application.
- Translation - The work will involve translating contents from one language to another.
- Transcription - The work will involve converting audio files to text using an internet browser-based tool.
- Text Data Collection - The work will involve answering a series of questions using the language dialect required.
- Speech Evaluation - The work will involve listening to speeches read by a computer-generated voice and rating them according to how naturally they sound.
- Pronunciation Specialist - The work will involve populating map data with accurate local pronunciations.
- Prompt Disambiguation - The work will involve classifying audio prompts into common words, proper noun, action word, etc. and edit misspelled words if there is any.
Your assignment will depend on your qualifications and the availability of project.
- Flexible, but may vary on the project you’ll be assigned to
- Currently living in and legally permitted to work in Germany
- Access to a computer with a sound card and speakers, and/ or access to a smartphone
- Access to a secure high-speed internet connection and a quiet workspace
- Good English comprehension
- Ability to work with applications, troubleshoot software, and execute instructions independently
We take pride in our diverse team and our flexible work opportunities, and as a publicly traded company our efforts has earned us 1st place in the FlexJobs Top 100 Companies index. Deloitte also recognized Appen as the winner of the 2017 Asia Pacific Technology Fast 500 and the Technology Fast 50 Australia awards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Everyone is welcome.