Career breaks happen for lots of reasons – like caring for children or a relative, unemployment or illness
We don’t think a gap on a CV should be a big deal, but for many returners, it can be a real
barrier to getting back into employment.
That’s where returnships come in.
Returnships are a type of supported return-to-work placement, that benefits both returners and employers. Lots of larger companies now offer returnships as a way to recruit and develop experienced staff.
Currently, few organisations in East Anglia offer returnships. Returnships East aims to change that. We can provide information, support and some funding to help employers in Suffolk and Norfolk discover returnships. Returnships are typically paid placements lasting 3-6 months – but charities or social enterprises may be able to offer unpaid (volunteer) placements in some circumstances.
We’d love to talk with you about how returnships can benefit your organisation, as well as the returners in your community.
To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding for employers
- Help with the cost of advertising your vacancy
- Access to free HR support on returnship issues
- Free career coaching and support provided to your returner
- Bursary for returners to help with costs for training, travel etc
Advice and information
- Why not ask us to meet with you for a free, 1:1 ‘Introduction To Returnships’ session?
- Even if you’re not hiring right now, we’d still love to talk. We’re working to make Suffolk and Norfolk ‘returner friendly’ – and that starts with you!
Are you an SME employer in Suffolk or Norfolk? Could hosting a talented Returner benefit your organisation?
We are looking for employers who appreciate the skills and experience that returners have to offer.
If you think you could offer a talented person a short work placement, we would love to hear from you. Email email@example.com to find out more.