Retrain for a remote, flexible career in social media with Digital Mums
Would you love a flexible, remote job, but there's nothing in your field? Retraining with Digital Mums might just be the perfect solution.
When co-founders Nikki Cochrane and Kathryn Tyler set up their own social media agency, Hackney Social, in 2012, they were overwhelmed with demand from small businesses. Looking for more social media managers, they realised they’d found the perfect solution for mums seeking a creative, flexible career – and Digital Mums was born.
The company set out to design an intensive, yet very flexible, online training programme, turning mums into social media pros over the course of around 24 weeks so they can unlock flexible freelance careers. Nearly 1,000 mums have now taken part.
The course is an immersive, hands-on process involving videos, webinars and regular online get-togethers with fellow students. Students complete real-life projects, which helps to quickly build new skills and confidence. As a result, an extremely high proportion of Digital Mums graduates go on to find paid social media work.
Digital Mums currently offers two versions of its programme:
Digital Mums co-founders Nikki and Kathryn, and friends
- Who’s it for? All mums from any professional background
- Time commitment: 24 weeks (plus 4-5 holiday weeks) – approx. 15 hours per week
- Create and run live social media accounts and campaigns
- Cost: £2,399 (inc. VAT)
- Who’s it for? Specifically mums with Marketing, Comms, Journalism, Broadcast or PR experience
- Time commitment: 24 weeks (plus 4-5 holiday weeks) – 15-20 hrs per week
- Manage live business accounts and develop a campaign strategy for a client
- Cost: £3,000 (inc. VAT)
Want to stay in touch with myworkhive?
We share interesting remote and flexible jobs, career tips, and opportunities for returners. We won't invade your inbox: typically, we send out a newsletter around once a month. You can unsubscribe at any time.